Friday, November 14, 2008

Back into the swing of things...

Since Corey and I have been back from my Ironman (yes 16 hours, 18 minutes...thank you!), we kind of got thrown back into the swing of things! It's been a little like a storm....
Alex is getting ready for his first lead in an Opera. It will be taking place December 4th and 5th. My sister is coming up to watch...unfortunately, my mom is so awesome at her job that she won a trip to Aruba! SURE, win Customer Service Manager of the Year for the Nation and go on an all expense trip to Aruba. What does Aruba have that Idaho in December doesn't??? (Don't answer that!) I am actually very proud of her...and I hope they have a blast.

Allison signed up for 4-H this past week. She will be focusing on Dog Obedience with Kona, Vet Science and how to GPS. She is very excited and can't wait to really dive into her projects. We hope she has found something that she will take on has her own. Her first official meeting is next Tuesday.

Allison also had Choir Program last night. They sang two songs for the Veterans and one song to get us all in the Holiday spirit. They did a great job! This is her last year in Elementary School, so we are really trying to soak it all in. Next year, the programs are not as "cute".
On a final note, it snowed last night! It was brief, but pretty. I woke up about 1:oo am (which is pretty standard for an insomniac like me). It seemed really bright outside, so I grabbed a jacket and the dogs and went out front. Sure enough, there was snow covering the ground! I stayed up for about 30 minutes and enjoyed the solitude of the house and the quiet snow...then back to bed. When I got up at 5:00 (for the day)...the snow was gone. I am sure there will be more!!!

No comments: